Visit An Island Life for your chance to WIN.
IU2U.org is a site dedicated to fighting childhood obesity by helping families keep fit, stay active and have FUN achieving healthier goals together. Their goal is to get the word out on the Fit Kids Act to get healthier food options in schools nationwide and just give families another option for collecting healthy lifestyle tips.
The Fit Kids Act would mandate schools adhere to the National Association for Sport and Physical Education’s recommendation that:
- Elementary school children receive 150 minutes dedicated to physical education each week.
- Middle school and high school students received 225 minutes of physical education each week.
- Schools enact programs to educate parents, teachers and administrators of the dangers of childhood obesity.
Their goal is to secure 100,000 signatures so Washington will take notice and make changes.
It’s Up 2 U!
12.5 million American children are overweight. By 2010, 20% of American children will be obese. Isn’t it time we make a change? Get on board with the Fit Kids Act today at http://iu2u.org/sign.php Then, check out the four-week Chiquita Family Challenge complete with menus, daily fitness and activity charts , kid-friendly recipes from Chef Robert Rainford and lifestyle tips from Dr. Oz’s HealthCorps at http://iu2u.org/change_family_habits.php.
To help spread the word, IU2U is sponsoring a giveaway!
- Grand Prize: $100 VISA/MC gift card (1 winner)
- Runner-Ups: $25 VIP coupons for free samples of Chiquita Fruit and Veggie Bites including Apples with Cinnamon Creme and Pineapple Bites with Coconut (5 winners)
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!